Jeannie covers improving vocal resonance and range. She has an exercise that she uses that involves sealing the nose, and using a nose buzz, and then sings a melody. She warns that it will take some experimenting to find to find and become comfortable with this method.
- View Offline
- Here's the short, melodic exercise…for you to practice nose-buzz with that will…really start stimulating things for you,…making your voice more flexible, developing tone,…actually it also improves pitch,…and we will use a minor melody,…and this will also get you ready for applying…nose-buzz technique to your songs.…(plays Bb minor chord on keyboard)…This is the melody.…(plays Bb minor scale on keyboard)…And of course, we're gonna go fast,…just like with lip-trills, so that you can…just slur through…the melodic part of it.…
Here's the trick though: think, "Always in the nose",…not up or down, find that sensation of buzz,…and keep your concentration there.…(plays Bb minor chord)…Alright, so here's the demonstration.…(nose-buzz demonstration, ascending and descending scale)…Okay, take a breath, hold your nose, mouth is a little open.…
(nose-buzz demonstration)…Breath.…(nose-buzz demonstration)…Breathe, of course, through the mouth.…(nose-buzz demonstration)…Don't push.…
(nose-buzz demonstration)…Repeat.…(nose-buzz demonstration)…
Note: Vocal Lessons with Jeannie Deva was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Keeping your voice limber with neck massage
- Practicing tongue exercises
- Correcting bad vocal habits
- Stretching and exercising the tongue with slides
- Warming up with lip trills
- Reducing vocal strain
- Improving vocal range
Skill Level Beginner
1. Warming Up
2. Tongue Exercises and the La-Ga Series
3. Slides, Trills, and Tone
4. Quick-Fix Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.