Jeannie talks about improving vocal range. She says lip trills are on of the best exercises because they can totally massage all of the muscles, and gets all of them together in alignment. The exercise is a quick series of lip trills set over a melody, done over several different keys.
- View Offline
- Lip trills are one of the best exercises,…limbering the muscles of your lips,…the stimulation of your lips flapping,…as it were, in the lip trill, (trills)…totally massage all the muscles.…It's like it goes backwards, and it starts…getting all the muscles in alignment…so that your voice is richer and easier to use right away.…
Guess what?…We're going to do lip trills.…(piano chord)…Here's the melody.…(short scale on piano)…Now, with lip trills, it's just a constant…note after note after note.…There's no stepping on ♫ da da da da da ♫,…so I have to go fast on the piano.…(trills along with piano scale)…Like that.…(trills along with piano scale faster)…All right, now if your voice is naturally pitched lower,…you'll be here. (trills in scale an octave lower)…(trills in scale)…Like that.…
Notice it's not, again, (trills with pauses between notes).…That would cause manipulation,…tension, release, tension, release,…and it will wear your voice out instead of stimulate it.…So we're going to just slide through the notes,…and as you get more and more familiar with…
Note: Vocal Lessons with Jeannie Deva was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Keeping your voice limber with neck massage
- Practicing tongue exercises
- Correcting bad vocal habits
- Stretching and exercising the tongue with slides
- Warming up with lip trills
- Reducing vocal strain
- Improving vocal range
Skill Level Beginner
1. Warming Up
2. Tongue Exercises and the La-Ga Series
3. Slides, Trills, and Tone
4. Quick-Fix Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.