Part 2 of a lesson where Jeannie Deva gives you step by step instructions on a massage she uses to keep her voice much more limber. She demonstrates the massage with a guest and goes over the seven points on and around the neck that you can massage that will keep your voice nice and healthy.
- All right.…Now what we want to do…is go right under the jawline.…You do this.…I find it easiest…to do it with two thumbs.…They're like the back of a spoon…and you're gonna spoon yourself here…right underneath…uh-huh…and get right underneath the chin.…If you prefer doing it in shorter strokes,…that's okay, too.…Find what works for you.…
This is a forward motion,…not a forward and back motion.…It's just a forward motion.…Now we're working with the muscle fibers…and how they run at this point.…Cool.…Now we're gonna go…right underneath the chin.…This is gonna get…at the base of your tongue…and in the other related muscles right here.…We're gonna start…just at the top of the larynx.…Find the right spot for you.…
If you go too far down,…it's gonna kind of choke you.…Just go right there up…and you just bring it forward.…If you want to use two thumbs,…you can do it…in a double stroke like that.…Okay, I hope you're doing along with us.…Feel that how affects the base of your tongue.…Okay, good.…Now we're gonna move up…and we're gonna get the muscles…
Note: Vocal Lessons with Jeannie Deva was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Keeping your voice limber with neck massage
- Practicing tongue exercises
- Correcting bad vocal habits
- Stretching and exercising the tongue with slides
- Warming up with lip trills
- Reducing vocal strain
- Improving vocal range
Skill Level Beginner
1. Warming Up
2. Tongue Exercises and the La-Ga Series
3. Slides, Trills, and Tone
4. Quick-Fix Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.