Part 1 of a lesson where Jeannie Deva gives you step by step instructions on a massage she uses to keep her voice much more limber. She demonstrates the massage with a guest and goes over the seven points on and around the neck that you can massage that will keep your voice nice and healthy.
- View Offline
- The muscles that encase your voice,…your voice being in here,…if they're tense will put pressure on…what needs to be a flexible, fluid motion…that occurs internally.…Additionally, these muscles of your neck…have related muscles into the jaw,…and that's primarily it.…There's a massage that I'm going to show you…how to do on yourself.…
Of course, this is lovely if you can…get someone else to do it for you.…However, as you're going through the day,…this massage, or any aspect or part of it,…will be a wonderful thing for you to do for yourself,…and it keeps you also feeling good and relaxed.…But it keeps your voice much more limber.…In fact, I've had people do this and then sing,…and do no other thing with their voice,…and immediately, as you will,…you find that your voice is more flexible…and it feels easier to sing.…
I'm going to encourage you, once you learn this massage,…to do it on yourself, and then sing a song, and see.…You might even do a comparison.…Sing the song first, then give yourself the massage,…then sing it after the massage,…
Note: Vocal Lessons with Jeannie Deva was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Keeping your voice limber with neck massage
- Practicing tongue exercises
- Correcting bad vocal habits
- Stretching and exercising the tongue with slides
- Warming up with lip trills
- Reducing vocal strain
- Improving vocal range
Skill Level Beginner
1. Warming Up
2. Tongue Exercises and the La-Ga Series
3. Slides, Trills, and Tone
4. Quick-Fix Exercises
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.