Learn about search engine optimization (SEO) for your videos
- [Narrator] Videos on any platform can be used…as an effective marketing tool,…but you must first observe some essential…search engine optimization techniques for that to happen.…Before you go live in a video,…make sure that you do the following.…Name your video something descriptive.…"Untitled_bandvideo12.mov" is not descriptive at all,…so your video will never get added by the search engines.…Your fans won't find it either.…"The Unsigned Band at the Cavern Club" is much better.…Make sure that your description…contains the same phrase as your title.…
For example, "This video features the unsigned band…at the Cavern Club on January 9, 2017".…A title like, "Here's our band at the Cavern Club"…wouldn't be as effective because…it will miss the keyword, "the unsigned band".…Make sure that you also use this phrase…in the description as well.…Speaking of the description, make sure…that you fill it out as completely as possible.…The more detail contained in the video description,…the more search engines will love it.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.