Learn about the things that make a website work and not work.
- [Instructor] A website should be unique…and individual when it comes to its design,…and that means it should obviously reflect…your brand and your music.…That said, if we were to look at the ideal website,…we'd find the following common elements:…a great site name.…The name of the site has to be easy to spell…and remember, and it's best if it has…a dot com behind it rather than a dot net or dot US…or any other type of extension,…although that's not absolutely necessary these days.…Let's say your band is called The Unsigned.…That means that the strongest URL would be theunsigned.com.…
If that URL is not available, try some simple…alternates like theunsignedband.com, unsignedband.com…or unsignedtheband.com.…What you don't want is something that's so clever…that people can't remember it.…Like theunsigned.com using a dollar sign for the S.…You can't be sure that they'll actually type…the dollar sign into the search engine correctly…when searching for your site.…Yet another problem is making it so long that…it's unmemorable, like theunsignedbandfrommaryland.com.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.