Moonlight Sonata, E Section, Measures 25-28 are broken down and walked through. Hugh first teaches the right hand alone, then the left hand alone, followed by how to combine both hands. Notation is overlaid to help you follow along with the lines being taught.
- I've rewritten the passage in the blocks…of the chords that I just showed you.…Okay?…Now the patterns a little bit…different that the actual notes.…Watch this, okay?…So, here's the notes rewritten according…to the chords we just learned.…Okay, that's the first chord.…Here's the second chord.…Alright, and then here's the top chord here.…Okay?…Now, this is the tricky one.…
You're going to put your third finger over to this C Sharp.…Now watch this carefully.…Alright?…And then we're gonna go this sequence here for that chord.…Alright, and then we're gonna go to…the last chord in that first section.…Remember this?…Okay, now the tricky thing that we're gonna transition…to playing two notes here, to start the next sequence.…By itself like this and then the next chord.…
Alright, and then the next chord here.…And here's the top three notes.…Okay?…And now we have that C Sharp Minor thing.…It's actually easier to play the notes…by themselves than the full chord.…And then the B Flat here and then the C Sharp.…And then the ending is this again here.…
Each song is demonstrated at different tempos, so you can slowly increase your pace as you get more comfortable at the keyboard, and overlaid with notation, so you can read each line of music as it's taught. This training builds on the rest of the Piano Lessons series and is designed for all levels of pianists who want to learn to quickly play the music they love.
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Reading sheet music: staff, bars, notes, rests, and important symbols
- Breaking songs down into sections and lines
- Playing the right hand and left hand separately and together
- Using the damper and sustain pedals
- Performing songs at different tempos