Spring Dance, E, F and G Sections, Measure 27 through the end of the piece is broken down and walked through. Hugh first teaches the right hand alone, then the left hand alone, followed by how to combine both hands. Notation is overlaid to help you follow along with the lines being taught.
- Okay, so our left hand has left us with G and D…and those are the same two notes…you're gonna be finishing until the end of the piece,…so that's pretty easy.…Just keep your hands there.…Now, it's just the right hand…that has a little bit of a melodic pattern…that's different, okay?…So the left hand starts first,…with the rest in the right hand.…Now the right hand continues with a D, G…and then you play it together.…(piano notes ring)…Two, and the right hand is gonna be tied as you can see.…You play the left hand by itself.…
The right hand is tied here and you put…your hand over.…Okay, now we're gonna get into ledger line land.…(laughing)…Put you hand over, right hand,…this is gonna be a B.…Look for the single ledger line.…Now double ledger line brings us to an A.…(piano notes ring)…Okay, still double ledger line,…but you notice how it's lower now.…(piano notes ring)…Now, believe it or not, I know these ledger lines…can be kind of annoying, but…you'll will actually learn to recognize them on sight.…
As you will with many of these notes.…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Breaking songs down into sections and lines
- Playing the right hand and left hand separately and together
- Performing songs at different tempos
- Playing fast-tempo songs with complex fingerings
- Playing abridged versions of popular songs
Skill Level Beginner
1. "Spring Dance"
2. "Blue Danube Waltz"
3. Popular Abridgments
4. Chopin, "Minute Waltz"
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.