Do something for your music career today. Even if it's a small thing. The key is to be consistent, says veteran songwriter Cliff Goldmacher in this songwriting training video.
- [Instructor] Do one thing for your career today, even if it's a small thing. The idea here is that incremental progress is the way to really build a songwriting career. So while it's tempting to think well, Saturday is going to be my day to work on my songwriting career, and I'll send a bunch of emails and do a bunch of business work, the reality is that when Saturday rolls around, you've got 20 other things on your plate. So if you do a little something for your songwriting career every day, it will add up in a significant way.
- Sitting down to write
- Finding inspiration in literature
- Making it personal
- Overcoming fear
- Finding the best time to write
- Learning the business of music
- Learning from peers
- Finding a collaborator
- Building your catalog
- Performing your songs live
- Pitching your songs
- Being persistent and resilient
- Balancing patience and impatience
- Remembering your motivation
- Counting your blessings
- Writing what moves you
Skill Level Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
1. Songwriting Pointers
2. Songwriting Career Tips
3. The Big Picture
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.