Build your songwriting business with advice from a renowned songwriter. This course offers a month's worth of daily tips to help you build your network and sell more songs.
- Have you ever wanted to do more on the business side for your songwriting career, but don't know where to start? Hi, I'm Cliff Goldmacher, and if I've learned anything in the 30 years that I've been a working music professional, it's that it's not just the music that matters. You have to take care of business. In this course, I'm going to give you 31 tips, that's one a day for a month, to help you take care of the business side of your songwriting. I'm going to break down what can often feel like an overwhelming set of tasks so that they become manageable. And you can take care of them with just a little effort every day. I'll be dividing these tips into five areas: organization, song demos, marketing, networking, and the music industry. Whether you've already written lots of songs and don't know what to do from here or you're a new songwriter who isn't even sure where to begin, this course will have something for you. I'm looking forward to giving you some simple, actionable tips to help you kickstart the business side of your songwriting.
This course was created by Cliff Goldmacher. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Staying organized
- Embedding metadata
- Scheduling a regular time to write
- Deciding which songs to demo
- Setting up social media accounts
- Pitching songs
- Joining a pitch organization
- Attending music conferences
- Joining a songwriting organization
- Reaching out to new co-writers
- Reading about the music business
- Researching publishers and other successful artists
- Registering songs with your PRO
Skill Level Intermediate
20 Unofficial Rules of Songwritingwith Cliff Goldmacher35m 30s Beginner
Songwriting Techniques with Chordswith Julian Velard2h Intermediate
2. Song Demos
5. The Music Industry
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.