Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing your online brand, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Narrator] While the music part of your brand is…totally up to you and outside the realm of this course,…what we can deal with is the second part of the brand,…your image.…Here are some steps to take to refine your brand.…Make sure your brand image accurately portrays your…music and personality.…If you're a biker band, you probably don't want a website…that's all pink and flowery.…On the other hand, a pink works great for Katy Perry.…Likewise, if you're an EDM artist you probably want your…site to show the woods and trees, although that would…work well for an alt-rock band from Minnesota…or someone doing music for meditation.…
Keep it honest and simple.…Don't try to be who you're not,…as it's too hard to pull off.…You are who you are and people will either love you…for it or they won't.…Best to keep things simple and be honest about who and…what you are and where you came from.…If people like what you do and can relate to you,…that will shine through and your fans will not only…find it interesting enough, they'll be totally fascinated,…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.