Take a look at the design of your blog and why it might not be as important as you think.
- [Narrator] The design of your blog isn't critical…for it to be a success,…but it does help your branding if the design is consistent…with your website and social media presence.…That said, it's better to have a blog presence immediately…than to wait until you get the design just right.…It's easy enough to tweet the design later…as you go along.…Let's look at the major elements that go into…designing your blog using Blogger as an example.…After you register for the platform,…the first thing you'll have to do…when setting up your blog is to choose a template.…
This can take a lot longer than you think…as most platforms have dozens to choose from,…as well as many variations on each.…Plus, each can be modified in terms of style,…color, and placement of the elements.…Most likely, you won't find exactly what you're looking for,…but choose something that's close and modify it as needed.…Those modifications can be quick and easy,…or can be down to the HTML and CSS level…if you have the chops.…In order to get started, just get something…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.