- [Narrator] While you're probably going to upload…a video that you've already posted on YouTube,…there are some things to keep in mind when positing…it to Facebook.…In some cases, it might be better to customize…the video a bit in order to get more engagement…since it's a social platform.…Here's how to optimize your videos just for Facebook.…Limit the length to five minutes or less.…The shorter the video, the more plays you'll get.…A long video can scare people off who might ordinarily…check it out.…That said, Facebook is transitioning to longer videos,…especially if advertising is involved,…so make sure that it's at least a minute long.…
Create a good thumbnail image for your video.…A good thumbnail is like a good cover on a book,…it helps get an impulse buy.…Create a catchy or unique title.…Just like with a book or magazine article,…the title can sell the product.…Of course, this is just the same on YouTube as well.…Check out the keywords for similar videos.…For example, if your song has a drum solo,…you might want to check out the keywords…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.