Learn how to develop a newsletter that your fans will open and respond to.
- [Narrator] Sending out a newsletter for the sake…of sending one out isn't a good strategy.…There has to be a good reason for you to communicate…with your subscribers.…Don't forget, they gave you permission to contact them…in the first place.…It's up to you not to soil that agreement.…Before you decide to send any newsletter,…ask yourself these three questions.…What is this newsletter about?…Are you informing your subscribers…about the latest news?…Are you trying to promote something?…Is this an announcement of some kind?…Decide what it is that your email is about…and keep that as your central focus.…
Why do my subscribers care?…Is it something they'd be sorry about missing?…Is it something they'd like to participate in?…What's in it for them?…What do I want them to do?…Do you want them to pass something along?…Do you want them to buy something?…Do you want them to come to a show?…Do you want them to stay informed about your life?…Do you have new music that you'd like to promote?…Whatever it is, be sure to ask them to do it.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.