Get tips on how to create copy that people will want to read.
- [Instructor] The copy is the body of your email…where most of the text resides.…Here's what to be aware of when composing.…Part of crafting a quality email is having a clear sense…of what exactly the big news is.…Your text should focus on the most newsworthy element…of your announcement with supporting details…like multimedia links that clearly lay out…why this news is significant.…Also, try to make it as timely as possible.…There's no sense in focusing the email on something…that happened months ago, stay with the present…or the near future.…Always provide the basics about the information…you're conveying.…
Reporters call this the who, what, where, when,…why, and how model.…If you have a show coming up, do your fans and yourself…a favor by providing dates, times,…locations, ticket links, a map, and a lineup of the show.…Believe it or not, the majority of artists miss this…when they send out an email.…If you want someone to respond and either come to…your show or purchase something,…give them all the information they need to do so.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.