Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video Crafting a promotional post that works, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] As stated in previous videos,…using Facebook for promotion…dictates the way in which you post.…That's because you have to craft each post in such a way…that it provides you with brand building,…promotion and information.…Let's look at some examples.…Having breakfast after the gig.…Just had bacon and eggs and potatoes.…The bacon was greasy and the potatoes were burnt.…The coffee was good though.…This is a bad post and here's why.…First of all, it's way too personal.…Who cares about your breakfast?…Even if Beyonce or Adam Levine posted this,…it would still be boring.…
Second of all, it's too long.…As you'll see, shorter posts tend to work better…but the only thing that's okay here…is the fact that he mentioned it was after a gig…which provides a slight hint…of something a fan might want to know…but where was the info about the gig?…Let's look at an approved example.…Great gig at the Capitol tonight.…You people rock.…Two girls jumped on stage and Joey boogied with them.…This one's better because it gives us some information.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.