Learn physical exercises to build core strength—which can improve your singing. Many of the muscles used to shape our voice are in our body's core, and the exercises here are designed to build and tone these muscle sets. This video shows some proper squat techniques to build core strength.
- Squats with a stability ball…are a really gentle way to get core…work and…leg work accomplished with one exercise.…Put your stability ball up against a wall,…and right at the small of your back,…the lower part of your back,…so that you are, you can comfortably lean on it,…and have your feet ever so slightly…in front of your hips so that you are,…you have,…what you're going for is that…by the time you get down into the squat position…that your legs are parallel to the ground,…and you've got a 90 degree angle with your legs.…
So, feet slightly forward of your hips,…and then keeping your shoulders relaxed…and your hands pulled down like you do in mountain pose,…pelvis tilted forward ever so slightly just like in mountain…and then it's a simple,…you never lock your legs when you get to the top,…keep your knees slightly bent at all times,…and (exhales loudly)…(exhales loudly) and you want to keep your knees…so that they're not splayed out,…they're not pointing in,…they're coming in directly over your heels,…and good alignment (exhales loudly)…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- The history of singing in human culture
- Reviewing the key ingredients needed to be ready to sing
- Understanding your vocal instrument
- Caring for your voice
- Building core strength
- Developing the correct mental approach to singing
- Key terms and vocabulary of the music language
- Using a piano to find the right key
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Your Vocal Instrument
3. Core Strength Building for Singers
4. Speaking the Language of Music
Mind: The thinking singer3m 37s
5. Using a Piano to Find the Right Key
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.