Learn physical exercises to build core strength—which can improve your singing. Many of the muscles used to shape our voice are in our body's core, and the exercises here are designed to build and tone these muscle sets. This video shows two different exercises, one using the stability ball to really get those core muscles activated, and another that can be done without a ball.
- The plank position which you do in yoga…and which we're going to do an exercise with here…is a great core strengthener.…You can do it anywhere.…You don't need a stability ball.…You can drop into a plank anywhere, anytime…and just engage that core, really feel it…and strengthen it with just a few seconds of plank.…Plank, you want to have your hands…comfortably shoulder width apart.…
I like to spread my hands really wide…and point my index fingers forward…just like I do in yoga poses.…And have my shoulders right above wrists…so I've got a nice strong, solid base…and stay centered between my hands.…And then from all fours, in a neutral back…where you're just nice and relaxed,…you extend your legs with your feet…just at hip width apart or a little narrower.…
This position right here, where you're tightening your core,…you want to tighten your abdominal muscles,…tilt your pelvis slightly forward…just like you do in mountain pose.…That further engages your core.…Just maintaining this position…is a great workout right there.…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- The history of singing in human culture
- Reviewing the key ingredients needed to be ready to sing
- Understanding your vocal instrument
- Caring for your voice
- Building core strength
- Developing the correct mental approach to singing
- Key terms and vocabulary of the music language
- Using a piano to find the right key
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Your Vocal Instrument
3. Core Strength Building for Singers
4. Speaking the Language of Music
Mind: The thinking singer3m 37s
5. Using a Piano to Find the Right Key
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.