Learn physical exercises to build core strength—which can improve your singing. Many of the muscles used to shape our voice are in our body's core, and the exercises here are designed to build and tone these muscle sets. This video focuses on the breathing system and understanding how air flows through our apparatus.
- Welcome to Nashville.…Yes, we have taken a slight change of scenery here.…We are now in my recording studio in Nashville, Tennessee.…We are tucked up in the Tennessee Hills.…We're surrounded by woods.…We call our studio the holler…because we literally are tucked back in the back of a holler…just like butcher holler in the Loretta Lynn song.…We're going to do some workout here.…We're eventually going to get to singing on microphones…here in the studio…and working with players here in the studio…and the higher levels,…but this first lesson,…we're going to focus on core strength.…
We are talking about keeping our physical instrument healthy…and in great shape because as singers,…our instrument is our body…and not just this part of our instrument.…We're talking about keeping our whole body healthy…and in really good shape.…A key piece to being a strong singer,…a singer who can execute anything they want to execute…without having to think about it,…a key piece of that is having good core strength…and that's this set of musculature here, your abdominals,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- The history of singing in human culture
- Reviewing the key ingredients needed to be ready to sing
- Understanding your vocal instrument
- Caring for your voice
- Building core strength
- Developing the correct mental approach to singing
- Key terms and vocabulary of the music language
- Using a piano to find the right key