Learn physical exercises to build core strength—which can improve your singing. Many of the muscles used to shape our voice are in our body's core, and the exercises here are designed to build and tone these muscle sets. This exercise is another horizontal core building technique utilizing the stability ball.
- This exercise combines two actions that both…really build core strength.…Using the stability ball, you start on the floor,…lying flat on your back with your legs straight…and your heels propped up on the ball,…with your toes pointing up.…You tuck your shoulder blades underneath,…on both sides, underneath your back,…and then turn your hands over and press them into the floor.…
From here, you're going to raise your hips, elevate your hips…to form a bridge, a plank, a straight line…with your hips up in the air so you have a plank…formed with your body balancing.…This action right here is a great core workout.…Just the act of balancing your body on this moving…and rolling object, as you are maintaining your balance,…you're working your core.…
You can feel your core muscles engaged just in the act…of maintaining this posture right here.…To deepen the workout, you can go from making this plank,…tighten your glute muscles.…Keep your legs nice and firm,…your upper legs, thighs nice and solid.…Keeping your...…...your upper body straight, in a nice straight line,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- The history of singing in human culture
- Reviewing the key ingredients needed to be ready to sing
- Understanding your vocal instrument
- Caring for your voice
- Building core strength
- Developing the correct mental approach to singing
- Key terms and vocabulary of the music language
- Using a piano to find the right key