Blue Danube Waltz, C Section, Measure 28 through the end of the piece is broken down and walked through. Hugh first teaches the right hand alone, then the left hand alone, followed by how to combine both hands. Notation is overlaid to help you follow along with the lines being taught.
- Home stretch, home stretch, we're at the end okay,…so, we're, we've left off with…our fifth finger on the right hand,…playing this really high F Sharp.…Let's continue.…Now we're gonna be climbing down the ledger lines,…or the ledger ladder.…So we had a three-ledger lines here,…and now we have only two ledger lines…to go to this next note after the tie.…Going back down to this F Sharp,…which is the top of the G Clef staff.…Now we're going to replace the F Sharp One,…with a three, and play another note underneath that so,…(mumbles) a great big, that's gonna be a B over here.…
Play those together.…Let's review that really quickly, high F Sharp.…That's gonna be tied, down to the next ledger line here,…and down to an F Sharp, replace it with a three and a one.…Good, now the next note over here's gonna be an E,…play that with the second finger.…Now, we're gonna figure out this next sequence over here.…(mumbles) a great big, this is a C,…but there's a sharp next to that,…so that's gonna be a C Sharp over here.…We are going to run out of our staff lines,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Breaking songs down into sections and lines
- Playing the right hand and left hand separately and together
- Performing songs at different tempos
- Playing fast-tempo songs with complex fingerings
- Playing abridged versions of popular songs
Skill Level Beginner
1. "Spring Dance"
2. "Blue Danube Waltz"
3. Popular Abridgments
4. Chopin, "Minute Waltz"
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.