Blue Danube Waltz, C Section, Measures 24-28 are broken down and walked through. Hugh first teaches the right hand alone, then the left hand alone, followed by how to combine both hands. Notation is overlaid to help you follow along with the lines being taught.
- So we just finished with the B and the E.…(piano notes ring)…Now we're gonna replace this E…which is being played with the second finger right now.…You have a rest.…Replace it with the one.…Okay, play it again.…Next, space above will be a G.…Now we have to use ledger lines cause we're…getting pretty high.…So the next ledger line note up…will be up in B.…(piano note rings)…Okay, and you play it again.…And it's tied, so hold that for a little bit.…After the tie, we go back down to a G,…but now it has a sharp next to it, so, G sharp.…
And the very next note starts to use…a ledger line on a line with is an A.…And oh my goodness, we've got a lot…of ledger lines right now.…Let's see if we can find this one.…So A, next line would be here.…Next line would be here.…But this is about that, so this is actually an F,…and it has sharp on top of that too.…That's an F sharp.…Let's just play those three notes again.…So if you recall, this is G sharp.…Put your thumb under.…That thumb will help you reach up for this high F sharp.…
Just those three notes again.…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Breaking songs down into sections and lines
- Playing the right hand and left hand separately and together
- Performing songs at different tempos
- Playing fast-tempo songs with complex fingerings
- Playing abridged versions of popular songs
Skill Level Beginner
1. "Spring Dance"
2. "Blue Danube Waltz"
3. Popular Abridgments
4. Chopin, "Minute Waltz"
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.