Get an overview of using the four different blogging platforms available.
- [Instructor] Right now,…there are five major blogging platforms.…WordPress,…Blogger,…Typepad,…Medium,…and Tumblr.…While various website software packages…have their own blogger tools…that you can also use,…the big five are specifically designed for blogging,…and as a result they have more tools…and provide far greater control than some…of the add-ons that come with the website package.…That's not to say that much of what we'll talk…about won't apply if you're using a blog add-on…to your site, since the essence…of this section works in any platform.…
It's just that a dedicated blogging platform…has a variety of advantages,…that are worth using when you're starting out.…Let's take a look at them.…WordPress is the most popular blogging platform…in the world, with over 76 million users,…and it continues to gather users,…thanks to the constant improvement of its many features.…In fact, the platform now powers 26% of all sites…on the web and includes sites and blogs…from TED, NBC, Tech Crunch, CNN, and the NFL among others.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.