Learn about search engine optimization (SEO) for your blog.
- [Instructor] Search engine optimization applies…to blog posts the same way that it applies to your website.…While the good user experience and great content…are still the key to SEO,…being aware of a few things can make a difference…if someone is searching for you on Google…or any of the other search engines.…And believe it not there are more than 100.…Here are the things to be concerned about.…Ideally, you want a title that's short and easy to spell…with the key word in it.…Preferably the key word should be…the first word if possible.…That may make for a title that reads badly…but I wouldn't obsess over it,…just be aware.…
The best key word is one that's both relative to…and can be found in the post.…Once again, the strongest SEO is when one of the key words…appears in the first paragraph,…within between two and three percent of the text.…That means that if your key word phrase is practice tips…or musical skills, for example,…it should appear two or three times per 100 words.…If it doesn't, don't worry as your ranking won't drop…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.