Bends and scoops are more essential tools for your singer's tool belt. They really add emotion to your delivery as you move between notes, and can be used very effectively to make a song your own. Lari gives examples of popular and familiar places to hear these sounds, and helps you understand and hear the difference between the two embellishments.
- Two more very potent tools. Let's talk about bends…and scoops.…We've already heard a lot of examples of these…in the classic country voice of Patsy Cline.…And, you should also listen to country crooners…like Jim Reeves and Jim Ed Brown.…Those of us who are familiar with Patsy Cline's voice…can't even imagine what she would even sound like…without the use of bends and scoops.…One of her classic hits was…♫ I fall to pieces…And it's so emotional and gives you such a keen sense…of this just lost wobbly disoriented place,…where she's just so in love and heartbroken…that she's falling to pieces and her voice…with these tools of these bends and scoops…All of that is in her performance.…
The way she is using her voice.…It just doesn't read the same when its…♫ I fall to pieces…It's a pretty melody but Patsy's delivery?…♫ I fall to pieces…It's those long slow scoops that give us that…disoriented, overwhelmed emotional feeling.…
So these are very powerful tools.…We're going to break 'em down into the nitty gritty…of definition. A bend is a jump mid syllable,…
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Singing harmony and straight tone
- Crafting your vocal tone
- Using vibrato and messa di voce
- Working with the chest and head voice
- Singing in a low or high register
- Selecting a microphone for live performance and recording
- Understanding the Nashville Number System
Skill Level Beginner
1. Singing Harmony and Straight Tone
2. Crafting Your Vocal Tone
3. Working with the Chest and Head Voice
4. Exploring Vocal Textures and Styles
5. Singing Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.