Note: This course was created and produced by Alfred Music. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Buying a bass
- Tuning your bass
- Holding your bass
- Left-hand technique
- Getting acquainted with music and tablature
- Notes on the first three strings
- The natural minor scale
- Sharps and naturals
- Key signatures and the major scale
- Ties and quarter notes
- Rock bass and heavy metal licks with syncopation
- Playing chords
- Playing licks from the 1950s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s
Skill Level Beginner
(guitar music) - Hey, what's up everybody? My name's Jared Meeker, and I'm thrilled to welcome you to this bass video. We're going to learn all types of really cool stuff. How to read, how to play in different positions and scales on the bass. We're going to be grooving by the end of this video, but we'll start out at the very beginning. We'll learn the parts of the bass, we'll learn the basic fingering methods and the ways to play and pick.
You'll start out playing things really slow on your own, but we'll eventually get really fast with every single groove we do. So, let's jump right in and get started on this.
1. Getting Started
2. Notes on the First Three Strings
3. More Notes, Scales, and Accidentals
4. Introducing Keys and Eighth Notes
5. New Rhythms, Techniques, and Keys
6. Playing Up the Neck and a New Key
7. New Rhythms and Keys
8. Chords and More
9. Licks from Different Eras
Conclusion and credits2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.