Join Hugh Sung for an in-depth discussion in this video ArtistWorks and Next Steps, part of Piano Lessons with Hugh Sung: 3 Sight Reading and Classical Pieces.
- [Voiceover] Thank you for checking out…Artist Works Music Lessons on lynda.com.…You've take the first step towards becoming…the Musician you know you can be.…Now you can take the next step.…Artist Works gives you access to 800 hours,…of premium music instruction,…from the most trusted and experienced…Teaching Musicians online today.…Whether you're a beginner, intermediate, advanced,…or somewhere in between,…Artist Works Schools offer instruction for any level.…Learn at your own pace, on your own time.…Closeup shots, and overhead angles make it instruction easy.…
Pause or repeat anything you want.…Our most popular feature is our Video Exchange Learning,…where you submit a practice video to your Instructor,…and get a personal video response.…You develop a real relationship with your Instructor,…and stay motivated to improve your playing.…You also get access to thousands of video exchanges…from other Students, who have already asked…many of the same questions you have,…as well as dozens of tablatures, backing tracks,…
Each song is demonstrated at different tempos, so you can slowly increase your pace as you get more comfortable at the keyboard, and overlaid with notation, so you can read each line of music as it's taught. This training builds on the rest of the Piano Lessons series and is designed for all levels of pianists who want to learn to quickly play the music they love.
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Reading sheet music: staff, bars, notes, rests, and important symbols
- Breaking songs down into sections and lines
- Playing the right hand and left hand separately and together
- Using the damper and sustain pedals
- Performing songs at different tempos