Join Bryan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video ArtistWorks and Next Steps, part of Acoustic Guitar Lessons: 2 Scales, Walking Bass, Hammer-Ons, and Pull-Offs.
- [Voiceover] Thank you for checking out…ArtistWorks Music Lessons on lynda.com.…You've taken the first step…towards becoming the musician you know you can be.…Now you can take the next step.…ArtistWorks gives you access to 800 hours…of premium music instruction from the most trusted…and experienced teaching musicians online today.…Whether you're a Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced…or somewhere in between,…ArtistWorks schools offer instruction for any level.…Learn at your own pace, on your own time.…Close up shots and overhead angles make instruction easy.…
Pause or repeat anything you want.…Our most popular feature is our Video Exchange Learning…where you submit a practice video to your instructor…and get a personal video response.…You develop a real relationship with your instructor…and stay motivated to improve your playing.…You also get access to thousands of video exchanges…from other students who have already asked…many of the same questions you have,…as well as dozens of tablatures, backing tracks…and other study materials.…
Watch at your own pace; start and stop where and when you need. Everything that Bryan breaks down he puts back together in chapters 4 and 5, where he shows how to apply what you've learned to a selection of popular bluegrass tunes that are important for the repertoire of any bluegrass guitarist.
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Chord theory
- The major and pentatonic scales
- Walking bass technique
- Reading tablature
- Beginning hammer-ons and pull-offs
- Beginning slide guitar
- Using a capo
- Playing traditional bluegrass tunes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Scales and Chord Theory
2. Walking Bass and Reading Tablature
3. Hammer-Ons, Pull-Offs, and Slides
4. Basic Bluegrass Tunes 1
5. Basic Bluegrass Tunes 2
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.