Learn to measure how well your site is actually doing.
- [Instructor] When it comes to measurement,…one of the things that can happen is…that we can be almost overwhelmed by the data…that a measurement tool can provide.…Here's a way to interpret that data…to understand just how successful your website really is.…Unique visitors are the total number of individual…visitors to your site during a specific period…of time, not counting repeat visits…by the same individual.…Obviously, if this number continues to increase,…you're doing well.…New versus repeat visitors is a comparison…of your unique visitors versus the number of…visitors who came back more than once.…
Although it's great to have repeat visitors,…and you really need them, a rate higher than…50% means that you're probably not growing…your audience quickly enough.…Traffic sources is a breakdown of the…specific sources of traffic to your website.…There are two: organic traffic comes from…a link found on a search engine results page.…Referral traffic comes from a link on another website.…This tells you how well your search engine optimization…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Music Law: Recording, Management, Rights, and Performance Contractswith Richard Stim1h 40m Appropriate for all
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.