Part two of an in depth analysis of Prelude in C Major. Hugh takes you through the measures showing you the lines for both the left and right hands and how to combine them. He also teaches how to integrate the damper pedal to really bring the piece to life.
- [Voiceover] Good, continuing on with measure 39,…let's again start from two measures before that…to lead into it.…Here's measure 37, C, E,…remember the double ledger line, G,…single ledger line, C, E, and…(plays piano)…Now, I'd like, we're starting with the C again,…so keep your third finger on the C here,…but you're going to move your thumb now.…We're going to go to the next space above that,…E previously, now we're at C, G.…
Right hand, bottom of the staff,…one staff line down, one ledger line down I should say,…and while this is the note below that, which is B,…but there's a flat next to that,…so move your thumb to the B flat,…and back to here is a C,…and E over here.…Again, don't forget that accidental rule,…one accidental will continue on that same note again…until the end of the measure.…Here we go.…(plays piano)…B flat again.…This measure repeats.…
A Fall Down Ball Game,…this is below the G, which makes this an F,…in F clef, F up here.…Remember, our ledger line, E, C, A,…single ledger line is C, then E.…(plays piano)…
Each song is demonstrated at different tempos, so you can slowly increase your pace as you get more comfortable at the keyboard, and overlaid with notation, so you can read each line of music as it's taught. This training builds on the rest of the Piano Lessons series and is designed for all levels of pianists who want to learn to quickly play the music they love.
Note: This course was recorded and produced by ArtistWorks. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Reading sheet music: staff, bars, notes, rests, and important symbols
- Breaking songs down into sections and lines
- Playing the right hand and left hand separately and together
- Using the damper and sustain pedals
- Performing songs at different tempos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sight-Reading Exercises
2. Bach, "Prelude in C Major"
3. Chopin, "Prelude in E Minor"
4. Gymnopedie No.1
5. "Moonlight Sonata"
ArtistWorks and Next Steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.