Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video 4 best practices for online marketing and promotion, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Narrator] If you're trying to boost your fanbase…or engagement online, then you're…probably doing at least a little…social media marketing whether you want to or not.…The problem is that the best practices do change…over time as social media and users evolve.…In order to get the most out of the time you spend…promoting yourself or your music that means…that you have to keep up with the latest…trends, as well.…Here's what's currently considered to be the four…best social media marketing practices when…putting your online strategy together.…The first is, know who your fan is in order…to drive quality traffic.…
It doesn't do you much good if most of your…social and website traffic comes from people…that aren't particularly interested in…what you have to offer.…That's why it's important that you know…as much about your typical fan as possible,…so you can aim your marketing directly at him or her.…How do you do that?…By taking a hard look at your analytics.…Even the free analytics that you can get…from just about every social network as well…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.