Join Jared Meeker for an in-depth discussion in this video The 1960s, part of Bass: Teach Yourself.
- All right, so now let's check out some grooves…that are in the style of songs from the 1960s.…Now for all these, again,…they're really short, so just repeat them…and loop them over and over.…And they will probably remind you of other songs…that you've heard,…so definitely listen to more songs from the '60s.…Listening is such an important part of music,…so get used to kind of hearing these bass lines…and the styles that the incorporate.…So here, let's check out this first one.…
(bass strums)…All right, this next one is also in the key of C.…Here we go.…(bass strums)…All right, let's check out some '60s funk licks.…These are in the style of James Brown…and all kinds of great funk artists.…Check out these out.…Here's the first one in the key of G.…
(bass strums)…This next one is in the key of C.…(bass strums)…This next one is in the key of A.…(bass strums)…This next one is also in the key of A.…
(bass strums)…All right, this next '60s funk lick is in the key of G.…(bass strums)…All right, this next '60s funk lick is also in the key of G.…
Note: This course was created and produced by Alfred Music. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Buying a bass
- Tuning your bass
- Holding your bass
- Left-hand technique
- Getting acquainted with music and tablature
- Notes on the first three strings
- The natural minor scale
- Sharps and naturals
- Key signatures and the major scale
- Ties and quarter notes
- Rock bass and heavy metal licks with syncopation
- Playing chords
- Playing licks from the 1950s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Notes on the First Three Strings
3. More Notes, Scales, and Accidentals
4. Introducing Keys and Eighth Notes
5. New Rhythms, Techniques, and Keys
6. Playing Up the Neck and a New Key
7. New Rhythms and Keys
8. Chords and More
9. Licks from Different Eras
Conclusion and credits2m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.