- [Narrator] As I've said in the previous video,…just being on a social network…doesn't mean that you're using it effectively…for promotion or marketing.…There's a mindset that's needed before you can use…any network as a promotional tool.…Here are 12 questions to ask yourself…before you post to any social network…that will help you focus your content…for the greatest impact.…Is the message educational, informational or entertaining?…Stuff that doesn't fit into any of these categories.…Is the voice correct?…Remember to stay within your brand and not get too personal.…
Is it too long?…Shorter posts get more engagement.…Is the URL correct?…You did remember to include a link, right?…Make sure you check that it's working.…Should I target a specific audience with this message?…Sometimes it's better to just address a specific portion…of your audience or fan base than everyone.…Did you use the right keywords and hashtags…to maximize exposure?…Keywords and hashtags are still important,…so make sure you include them.…How many times have I already posted something today?…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.