Join Bobby Owsinski for an in-depth discussion in this video 10 best Facebook practices for artists and bands, part of Social Media Promotion for Musicians, Artists, and Engineers.
- [Instructor] Facebook is one of the best…social networks for artists and bands,…but execution is everything in order to…take full advantage of it.…Here are the 10 best practices for artists and band…to increase their engagement.…Reach out to other artists.…Ask a band whom you're tight with…to post your new music or video,…or track or album art to their wall,…with a link back to your Facebook page,…and then return the favor.…This is one of the best ways to use…a social network to expand your audience.…Take your fans backstage.…Everyone loves to see behind the scenes,…but fans are especially interested.…
It might seem insignificant to you,…but any kind of backstage access…is a big deal to them.…Go beyond the music.…Your music is your marketing,…but don't forget to make any merch or touring info…available as well.…That said, don't try to sell to your fans,…just make these things easily available…if they want it.…Ask for input from your fans.…Communication is a two-way street,…and fans love to be asked their opinion…on just about anything.…
- Reviewing the biggest trends in online marketing for musicians
- Developing your social media strategy and online brand
- Determining how often to post on social media
- Marketing through your website
- Selecting and using a mailing list service
- Getting fans to sign up for your mailing list
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for marketing
- Marketing with a blog
- Optimizing your YouTube channel
- Increasing YouTube engagement
- Getting your music on Spotify and other streaming service playlists
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Online Marketing Can and Can’t Do for You
2. Online Marketing Basics
3. Marketing through Your Website
4. Marketing with Your Mailing List
5. Using Facebook for Marketing
6. Using Twitter for Marketing
7. Marketing with a Blog
8. Marketing with YouTube
9. Using Instagram for Marketing
10. Using LinkedIn for Marketing
11. Marketing Your Music with Playlists
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.