Join Cliff Goldmacher for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of 20 Unofficial Rules of Songwriting.
- To get the most out of this course it would be helpful to have written or at least tried to write a few songs. This way the contents of the course will resonate a bit better. But whether you're written a song or are just getting up the courage to try these rules will give you some great information on how to keep your songs both accessible and commercial. Also I've created a Spotify playlist of the Grammy Award winning songs of the year for the past 50 years as an added reference.
- Writing lyrics that are conversational and natural
- Making every line count
- Putting your song's hook at the end of a chorus
- Creating simple and unique melodies
- Keeping song intros short and longer verses at the beginning of a song
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ten Rules for Lyrics
2. Five Rules for Melodies
3. Five Rules for Song Structure
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.