Join Cliff Goldmacher for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of 20 Unofficial Rules of Songwriting.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The exercise files for this course are free for all members. I've provided you with full versions of all the referenced songs along with the PDFs of the lyric sheets. This way you can follow along and better discern the song's structure and lyrical nuances. I'd also like to thank my fellow co-writers and the wonderful artists performing these song examples.
- Writing lyrics that are conversational and natural
- Making every line count
- Putting your song's hook at the end of a chorus
- Creating simple and unique melodies
- Keeping song intros short and longer verses at the beginning of a song
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ten Rules for Lyrics
2. Five Rules for Melodies
3. Five Rules for Song Structure
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.