Join Cliff Goldmacher for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of 20 Unofficial Rules of Songwriting.
- Thanks for watching.…I hope these songwriting rules have given you lots…to think about when it comes to the songwriting process.…Remember, you don't have to follow every rule…every time, but keeping them in mind should…help you make your songs more commercial.…If you're looking for other courses on songwriting,…I definitely recommend my other courses,…"Write, Think, and Act Like a Professional Songwriter"…and "The Dos and Don'ts of Songwriting Collaboration".…Also, be sure to check out the series of…"Songwriting In" courses, covering various DAWs…will definitely help you flesh out your ideas…with whatever recording software you're using.…
Please feel free to visit my website, educatedsongwriter.com…and, if you're thinking about doing professional demos…of your song, and would like to use some of the best…singers and session musicians in the business,…please visit our sister company, nashvillestudiolive.com.…Well, that's it.…Thanks again for watching, and…best of luck with your next song.…
- Writing lyrics that are conversational and natural
- Making every line count
- Putting your song's hook at the end of a chorus
- Creating simple and unique melodies
- Keeping song intros short and longer verses at the beginning of a song
Skill Level Beginner
1. Ten Rules for Lyrics
2. Five Rules for Melodies
3. Five Rules for Song Structure
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.