Join JK Swopes for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the mixer view, part of Up and Running with Maschine 2.
- View Offline
- One of the biggest additions in Maschine 2 is the new mixer view. This gives you a more traditional way of adjusting your level for sounds, instruments, and kits within your project. I'd like to show you how to navigate your way around the mixer and Maschine. To access the mixer view, click the mixer icon. The first thing you'll notice is all the channels. At the top, you have your groups and below that you have the sounds in each group. If you just wanna view the mixer channels for each group, you can double-click on any one of the group names.
So, these are the levels for each of the individual groups with your master channel over here. If I wanna go into a specific group, I can double-click on it. Now, you have the sound level for each sound in that group. Over here, you have your IO. This shows your audio inputs, as well as your MIDI inputs, your audio outputs and your MIDI outputs. If you wanna see your plugins loaded on the individual channels, you can click this icon.
If you wanna see your auxiliary routing, you can click this icon here. You can also mute or right-click on mute to solo a sound or a group. And click the headphone icon to send a sound or group to the queue bus. You can quickly add new groups directly from the mixer by clicking this plus icon. It's also important to remember when you're in sound view this channel is the master channel for the group and not the main project. When you're in group view, this is the master channel.
You'll also notice, as you go through your kits or your groups, any plugins you have will show in the plugin channel strip at the bottom. So as you can see, the mixer view provides a visual way to control all of your audio levels, routing, and even your effects and plugin change.
- Configuring Maschine's preferences and settings
- Loading sounds
- Recording and editing samples
- Recording patterns
- Adding effects
- Recording automation
- Building a song with scenes
- Saving a Maschine project
- Exporting to WAV files