Website Management for Musicians and Bands
Many musicians want to expose their music to the world, but don't give their website—the keystone in a music marketing strategy—the attention it deserves. In this course, Bobby Owsinski draws on his years of experience running a blockbuster music blog and shows you how to design a website that will better promote and sell your music. Learn to balance the look of the site with its usability, avoid common design mistakes (like Flash and frames), and generate more traffic for your site with SEO. Plus, Bobby shows how to concentrate on the all-important press and booking sections, and introduces some tools for measuring your site's success, such as StatCounter and Google Analytics.
Get more music marketing tips from Bobby in Facebook for Musicians and Bands and Social Media Basics for Musicians and Bands.
- Identifying the key elements of a successful band website
- Visual design and navigation tips
- Optimizing media for your site
- Adding a website description and meta tags
- Designing the press and booking sections
- Measuring your website's performance
- Hi I'm Bobby Owsinski, author of Social Media Promotions for Musicians, Music 3.0, and 16 other books on mixing, recording, and the music business, as well as a number of other Lynda.com courses. One of the most important online tools for any musician, artist, or band is their website. In this course, we'll look at all the things you need to think about in order to make you site as useful a marketing and promotional tool as it can be. The basic elements required for a useful and informative site. Tips for developing the look of your site. Website killers to avoid.
Tips on building the press and booking sections of your site. Some free tools that will measure your site's success and much more. So let's get going as we take a journey into the art of artists' websites.
Bookmarking Sites for Musicians and Bands19,131 Views
Mailing List Management for Musicians and Bands27,777 Views
Social Media Basics for Musicians and Bands65,084 Views
Pinterest for Musicians and Bands22,214 Views
Twitter for Musicians and Bands38,989 Views
Audio Recording Techniques1,374,530 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,274,773 Views
Audio Mixing Bootcamp956,915 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,748,469 Views