Join Brent Carpenter for an in-depth discussion in this video Unloading the trucks and load-in, part of Live Sound Engineering Techniques: On Tour with Rush.
…This is the point during the day where all of the equipment, whether it be lights or…audio or video elements, all have to come…into the building, be put into the respective places.…And are pre-assembled before they get picked up in the air.…This is when you do any troubleshooting to make sure…that everything goes up easy for the rest of the tour.…We go into a building and we are 45…maybe 50 people counting truck drivers and bus drivers.…
In the morning, we have as many as 42…other people that are hired by the local promoter…in conjunction with the band to assist us in…bringing our equipment into the building and setting it up.…We have people that in most instances are trained to…work with the equipment that we are bringing into the builing.…They know how to put trusses together.…They know how to fly the PA.…They know the equipment well enough to where when…we say stage left, stage right, they've learned the terminology.…These are communication safety issues that you…really can't underestimate for how important they are.…
- Choosing the PA for the venue
- Setting up points, motors and cables, and trusses
- Getting the best use of both analog and digital signal paths
- How Rush gets that Geddy, Alex, and Neil live sound
- Setting up the digital monitor mix console
- Doing the line check and sound check
- Using audience microphones to connect the band to their fans
- Getting even coverage in a large arena
- Working the monitor console and the power of snapshots
- Loading out of the venue
Skill Level Intermediate
Music Studio Setup and Acousticswith Bobby Owsinski1h 20m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Sound System
2. The Onstage Monitor Mix
3. The Clockwork Angels Stage Tour
4. Front-of-House Sound
5. When the Band Hits the Stage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.