Join Brent Carpenter for an in-depth discussion in this video Line check overview: Making sure every line sounds as expected, part of Live Sound Engineering Techniques: On Tour with Rush.
…Two of the most important things that happen during the course of…the day, strictly for audio purposes are line check and sound check.…What are the differences?…Line check is where we go through and…we listen to every input, whether it's a guitar,…a drum, a bass, a voice, we listen to…every one of the inputs coming into our consoles.…For instance today. During line check.…We were having a problem with one of the tom lines.…>> Five's low. Five's low.…
>> Tom tom number five was eight to ten db low.…And we didn't know why.…After exercising the connection two or three times.…And plugging it right back in, it worked flawlessly the rest of the night.…Sound check is where the band comes on stage and performs pieces of or a whole…song to ensure the levels and the way…they want to hear their instruments are correct.…
- Choosing the PA for the venue
- Setting up points, motors and cables, and trusses
- Getting the best use of both analog and digital signal paths
- How Rush gets that Geddy, Alex, and Neil live sound
- Setting up the digital monitor mix console
- Doing the line check and sound check
- Using audience microphones to connect the band to their fans
- Getting even coverage in a large arena
- Working the monitor console and the power of snapshots
- Loading out of the venue
Skill Level Intermediate
Music Studio Setup and Acousticswith Bobby Owsinski1h 20m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
The Creative Spark: Iyeoka, Recording Artist and Poetwith Iyeoka Ivie Okoawo9m 16s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up the Sound System
2. The Onstage Monitor Mix
3. The Clockwork Angels Stage Tour
4. Front-of-House Sound
5. When the Band Hits the Stage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.