Join Brent Carpenter for an in-depth discussion in this video Audio rigging: Feeder and power, part of Live Sound Engineering Techniques: On Tour with Rush.
…This is what we call feeder.…It is nothing more than big heavy cables…that tie us, power-wise, electrically into the building.…This is what we call four ought.…That's a four with a slash and a zero on it.…And it just has to do with the size of the wire inside of the jacket.…A piece of four aught is capable, legally of carrying 315 amps of power.…We're probably tied into a 200 amp service in the building, and we'll draw probably…not more than 100 on the day.…
This is called a cam lock system. There's a little flat part right there.…In here, there's a little pin, so when I put this in,…it'll turn and it is now locked in; you can't pull it out.…It's locked into place.…Anytime you tie in feeder, you always want to go green first.…That is your ground, that is your earth.…That is to make sure that the electricity completes it's curuit.…Then you go white, which is the neutral or negative, then you do your colors.…You always do green, white first, that way…if the electrician accidently left everything on, if you…
- Choosing the PA for the venue
- Setting up points, motors and cables, and trusses
- Getting the best use of both analog and digital signal paths
- How Rush gets that Geddy, Alex, and Neil live sound
- Setting up the digital monitor mix console
- Doing the line check and sound check
- Using audience microphones to connect the band to their fans
- Getting even coverage in a large arena
- Working the monitor console and the power of snapshots
- Loading out of the venue
Skill Level Intermediate
Music Studio Setup and Acousticswith Bobby Owsinski1h 20m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Sound System
2. The Onstage Monitor Mix
3. The Clockwork Angels Stage Tour
4. Front-of-House Sound
5. When the Band Hits the Stage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.