Join Brent Carpenter for an in-depth discussion in this video Amplifier racks, part of Live Sound Engineering Techniques: On Tour with Rush.
…These are custom amp racks made by Clair Global out of Lititz, Pennsylvania.…They're a very efficient way to carry your amplifiers.…Each amplifier frame actually has four. Amplifiers in it.…So if you look at this, there is actually 12 amplifiers set in there.…Each one is capable.…of right at 5000…watts of power depending on how you load it down with speaker elements.…
Once we get it up and ready, it will be Where the speaker cables plug in.…Each amp rack has to have signal sent to it in…a way of an audio signal, and we also send control.…We send signal down these cables.…There's 14 lines in here, so we can send up to 14 different.…Signals to an amp, if we need to, and we use the Ethernet for control.…Since each amplifier has two system controllers in it, we use a computer to…EQ, delay, inside of the module itself, so instead of having…an amplifier with an external crossover The crossover's embedded in the amplifier.…
There'll be a longer one of these that comes from…a big rack on the other side of the stage.…
- Choosing the PA for the venue
- Setting up points, motors and cables, and trusses
- Getting the best use of both analog and digital signal paths
- How Rush gets that Geddy, Alex, and Neil live sound
- Setting up the digital monitor mix console
- Doing the line check and sound check
- Using audience microphones to connect the band to their fans
- Getting even coverage in a large arena
- Working the monitor console and the power of snapshots
- Loading out of the venue
Skill Level Intermediate
Music Studio Setup and Acousticswith Bobby Owsinski1h 20m Appropriate for all
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
The Creative Spark: Iyeoka, Recording Artist and Poetwith Iyeoka Ivie Okoawo9m 16s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up the Sound System
2. The Onstage Monitor Mix
3. The Clockwork Angels Stage Tour
4. Front-of-House Sound
5. When the Band Hits the Stage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.