Get up and running in Audacity. Learn how to use the program to record and edit audio files, remove background noise, work with multitracks, split clips, automate volume, and more.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow, and welcome to this course on Audacity. This course is designed to present the basic tools and skills you'll need to start recording and editing audio files with this free open source audio editing application. We'll begin by walking through the steps to download and install Audacity on both Mac's and Windows computers. I'll show you how to import and play existing audio files, as well as how to set up your computer and record original audio files from scratch, including multi-track audio projects. From there I'll show you how to perform basic editing tasks, like copying and pasting audio, and splitting and moving clips.
And we'll look at more advanced functions, such as using Audacity's envelope tool to automate volume changes across your project. I'll also cover some of the most common tasks you'll perform in Audacity like removing unwanted background noise, adding compression, and exporting your completed project in formats that can be opened by other audio applications. We'll be looking at all this and more, so let's get started.
- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Splitting clips
- Exporting your project
- Installing the LAME MP3 encoder
- Inserting silence
- Removing background noise