Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Audacity.
- [Instructor] If you're a premium subscriber, you have access to the exercise files used in this course. In the exercise files, you'll find folders for each chapter and within those folders, you'll find either single audio files or project folders. To open the projects, open the folder and double click on the .Aup file, which opens the project in Audacity. To open the single audio files, such as the wav or mp3 files, here in Audacity choose File Open. Then navigate out to the file you want to open.
I cover other and more efficient ways to open files in the first chapter in the movie called Import Audio. So you may want to adapt one or more of those techniques after you watch that movie.
- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Splitting clips
- Exporting your project
- Installing the LAME MP3 encoder
- Inserting silence
- Removing background noise