If you look under the Effects menu, you’ll see that Audacity has no shortage of effects and filters you can apply to your projects. In this video, learn about a few of the effects that you’ll likely find to be the most useful most frequently.
- [Instructor] If you look under the Effects menu, … you'll see that Audacity has no shortage … of effects and filters you can apply to your projects. … I'm not going to go into every single one here, … but in this movie I would like to show you … a few of the effects that I think you'll find … to be the most useful most frequently. … I've opened up the file called "music_bed_nofade." … Now in the previous movie we looked at the envelope tool … which lets you automate the volume of tracks. … And I mentioned that you can't use the envelope tool … to create complete fade ins or fade outs … because it can't take the audio level … all the way down to nothing. … If you want to create a fade … you'll need to use the fade effects. … Let's listen to the end of this track. … (energetic rock music) … So that just kind of ends abruptly. … It'll sound much better with a fade out. … Now, as with just about all edits, … before I can apply an effect … I need to first select the area I want to effect. …
- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Setting up hardware to record
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Basic editing and common effects
- Splitting clips
- Exporting a project
- Inserting silence
- Bleeping unwanted words and sounds
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
3. Basic Editing
4. Common Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.