Learn about how Audacity saves project files.
- [Instructor] Now that we've seen how to create … a new project, we should take a look … at how Audacity saves projects. … I still have the new project open that I previously created, … and I'm just going to hit the record button … for a couple seconds here just to create a quick track. … And I'll hit stop. … All right, so now I can save this project. … I'll choose file, save project, and save project. … Or I could just press command or control + S. … Now I get a warning telling me that choosing save project … creates a file that can only be read by Audacity, … and that if I want to save my audio … as a file that can be read by other programs, … to use the export command. … But when you're working in Audacity, … you really should save your work as a project. … Otherwise, you can't save information … like the number of tracks you're using, … the position of the tracks in the mix, … the volume levels and pan information, and so on. … I'll choose not to see this warning again, … and I'll click okay. …
- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Setting up hardware to record
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Basic editing and common effects
- Splitting clips
- Exporting a project
- Inserting silence
- Bleeping unwanted words and sounds
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
3. Basic Editing
4. Common Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.