Another popular use for Audacity is to remove or at least reduce unwanted background noise. In this video, learn about how to manage and attenuate different types of noises from your recordings.
- [Instructor] Another popular use for Audacity … is to remove or at least reduce unwanted background noise. … I've opened the file, interview_mono again, … and let's listen and notice how, … because this was recorded outdoors, … you can hear a lot of a sort … of steady hiss in the background. … - [Interviewee] While we have one farm in Ojai, … where we've been since 1998 and that is. … - [Instructor] Now this isn't really all that bad … but it's a decent representation of the kind of noise … we can reduce with Audacity. … And this doesn't just have to be for recording outdoors. … Just about any room you record in … has its own background noise level. … This is often referred to as room tone. … With Audacity, you can identify the room tone … by creating a noise profile and then using that profile … to remove that tone from the recording. … So the first step is to capture a noise profile. … To do this, you need a couple seconds … of the background noise on its own without, in this case, …
- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Setting up hardware to record
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Basic editing and common effects
- Splitting clips
- Exporting a project
- Inserting silence
- Bleeping unwanted words and sounds
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
3. Basic Editing
4. Common Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.