This video shows how to record into Audacity, including how to select your audio input device and properly set input levels in Audacity.
- [Teacher] Now let's take a look…at the actual process of recording.…I still have the project I created in…the previous movie open, and it contains…the small clip of audio I just recorded.…I'm going to click the x button here on this track…to delete it since we don't really need that.…If you're working along with me,…you can just create a new blank project.…So for this exercise, I'm going to pretend that…I'm recording an intro voiceover for a podcast.…I'm going to start by making sure my inputs are…set correctly and that my levels are okay.…We've already taken a look at how to do this, but as…a review, I'm going to click the Input Device menu in the…toolbar, and again this is where you can see all the…devices that are currently connected to your computer.…
For this example, I'm using a device called…the USBPre2, which is a USB input device.…Again, you want to make sure to select whatever device…you're using, whether it's your computer's built-in…audio input or some USB you have connected.…Next, I'm going to click the input…
- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Splitting clips
- Exporting your project
- Installing the LAME MP3 encoder
- Inserting silence
- Removing background noise
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: EQ and Filterswith Brian Lee White2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
3. Basic Editing
4. Common Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.