- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Setting up hardware to record
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Basic editing and common effects
- Splitting clips
- Exporting a project
- Inserting silence
- Bleeping unwanted words and sounds
Skill Level Beginner
- [Garrick] Audacity is a free audio recording and editing application that's available for both Macs and Windows machines. It can be used for a wide range of purposes, from recording live audio to converting records or tapes to a digital format, to mixing multiple audio sources together into a multi-track project. If you're just getting started in the world of working with audio and you're looking to develop the basic skills needed to record and edit files, Audacity and its broad range of tools has you covered. Hi, I'm Garrick Chow and I'm looking forward to taking you through this course and covering the most important features of Audacity that you'll need to get up and running with a variety of different audio projects. Let's get started.
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
3. Basic Editing
4. Common Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.